meta data for this page
Pine Phone Keyboard Case (ppkc)
notes on fixes and tweaks (2022-02):
- The top number and function row has a slightly different sized set of keys, and type unreliably. User fixes exist.
- PINE key can be rebound
- The function keys F1-F10 require using the userspace daemon ppkb-i2c-inputd. F-11 . . .
To use the userspace daemon instead of the kernel module – necessary if you want to have F1-F10:
Do these steps directly in a terminal on your PinePhone (or via SSH to the phone).
- git clone https://xff.cz/git/pinephone-keyboard/
- change to your clone's directory (cd pinephone-keyboard)
- run make (you may need to install dependencies – for me, I had to install php.)
- blacklist the kb151 module, by adding “blacklist kb151” to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
- add i2c-dev to /etc/modules to make sure it loads at boot
- sudo update-initramfs -u
- to start automatically at boot, create a systemd service file in /etc/systemd/system/. Here's mine (change ExecStart path to point to where your built ppkb-i2c-inputd binary is):
[Unit] Description=PinePhone keyboard userspace daemon [Service] Type=simple ExecStart=/home/mobian/src/pinephone-keyboard/build/ppkb-i2c-inputd Restart=on-failure RestartSec=10 KillMode=process [Install] WantedBy=multi-user.target
- verify it with sudo systemctl status FILENAME
- enable it with sudo systemctl enable FILENAME