meta data for this page
This is an old revision of the document!
What's working with Mobian
|3D Acceleration||glx 1.4 / OpenGL 2.1 / GLES 2.0|
|Accelerometer/Compass/Rotation||Works only at low-level (4)|
|Bluetooth||Audio tested and working|
|Calls||Works with exceptions (1)|
|Calls (VoLTE)||Works on some carriers (7)|
|Camera||Works with exceptions (5)|
|Convergence||Works but unstable (8)|
|Full Disk Encryption||Non-functional|
|GPS/GNSS||Works with exceptions (2)|
|LED Indicator||Works for notification|
|MMS||Needs work (6)|
|USB Networking||Works (9)|
|Vibration motor||Works for notifications and calls|
|Volume switches||Works (10)|
|WiFi||Works with exceptions (3)|
- Phone takes a long time to wake up when receiving a call.
- GPS/GNSS only works with web apps using GNOME Web.
- WiFi is not working reliably when there are more than one hotspot on the same SSID. The only known workaround is to reduce this to only one hotspot per SSID.
- Low-level access can be accomplished by using the shell and looking at files in /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio:device*. The file names give you a sense of what kind of data they provide.
- Back camera works, front camera works using
pinephone-camera-setup.sh frontto switch. Both have low framerate (1fps). Video causes app to freeze.
- See https://source.puri.sm/Librem5/chatty/-/issues/30 and https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mobile-broadband/ModemManager/-/issues/227 for upstream discussion.
- VoLTE works out of the box. You should not need to do anything to make it work. Output of
mmcli -m 0 --command='AT+QMBNCFG="list"'
'response: '+QMBNCFG: "List",0,0,0,"ROW_Generic_3GPP",0x0501081F,201901141 +QMBNCFG: "List",1,0,0,"VoLTE-ATT",0x0501033C,201909271 +QMBNCFG: "List",2,0,0,"hVoLTE-Verizon",0x05010141,201911251 +QMBNCFG: "List",3,0,0,"Sprint-VoLTE",0x05010205,201908141 +QMBNCFG: "List",4,1,1,"Commercial-TMO_VoLTE",0x05010505,201811231 +QMBNCFG: "List",5,0,0,"Telus-Commercial_VoLTE",0x05800C43,201912031 +QMBNCFG: "List",6,0,0,"Commercial-SBM",0x05011C18,201904021 +QMBNCFG: "List",7,0,0,"Commercial-DT",0x05011F1C,201905311 +QMBNCFG: "List",8,0,0,"Reliance_OpnMkt",0x05011B38,201910161 +QMBNCFG: "List",9,0,0,"TF_Germany_VoLTE",0x05010C1B,201909201 +QMBNCFG: "List",10,0,0,"TF_Spain_VoLTE",0x05010CFA,201909261 +QMBNCFG: "List",11,0,0,"Volte_OpenMkt-Commercial-CMCC",0x05012071,201904281 +QMBNCFG: "List",12,0,0,"OpenMkt-Commercial-CT",0x05011322,201911081 +QMBNCFG: "List",13,0,0,"OpenMkt-Commercial-CU",0x05011505,201807052'
- pmOS has some information for reference https://wiki.postmarketos.org/wiki/PINE64_PinePhone_(pine64-pinephone)#VoLTE atinout is not in packaging, but a forked version is here https://github.com/maemo-leste/atinout To reiterate, you likely do not need to do this manually! The following commands should work for Mobian (as atinout is not in Mobian) if VoLTE does not work out of the box:
# first list the profiles supported by the modem $ mmcli -m 0 --command='AT+QMBNCFG="list"' # Select the profile most applicable to your provider, or use the Generic one if nothing matches # I know the command is different tham pmOS. There may be an error in the pmOS wiki $ mmcli -m 0 --command='AT+QMBNCFG="select","ROW_Generic_3GPP"' # Enable calling over ip (VoLTE) $ mmcli -m 0 --command='AT+QCFG="ims",1' # Reboot the modem to apply the settings $ mmcli -m 0 --command='AT+CFUN=1,1'
- If the above works let us know!
- https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=9016&pid=64038#pid64038 (Note: Putting this in tweaks with a step by step would be good? One editor could not independently get this to work)
- There's no notification of it happening, but if you open up the top bar and press it you will see it change!